Wednesday, June 15, 2011

artist statement

I create work that challenges the audience to think and look upon the art to intrigue an emotion or thought, bringing awareness to their own perspective. Inspiration comes from my environment and experience. My development in art derives from perception, emotion, and growth through understanding the exterior world with my senses. I absorb all that I can, then unfold it into an expression that has moved through me. It’s very important to me to always be aware and to think about my surroundings while experiencing something new. I will always be on a path of developing, re-fining, and exploring my artwork. It’s a journey of expression that never has to end. I’m not afraid to take risks or investigate new materials.I appreciate minimalism and repetition and enjoy creating pieces that provoke thought and also pieces that can simply be admired for their surface or form. It’s important to me to have this balance in my life and in the development of my work. -Elysia

No comments:

Post a Comment